Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]  (Read 32 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »
About Faketoshi Craig Wright

"What we know and can prove is that:

• He has a documented history of questionable statements and activities.
  • He has a history of appearing to exaggerate his academic credentials.
  • He has made a multitude of technical errors in his writings that call his understanding of Bitcoin and internet technology into question.
  • His writing style (according to text analysis) and demeanor do not appear to be the same as those of the Satoshi whose writings are archived here.
  • Wright once said: “I am a lawyer and this [financial law] is my area of speciality,” whereas the real Satoshi, when asked about how a financial law applied to Bitcoin, said, “I am not a lawyer and I can’t possibly answer that.”
  • Wright once said: “At no point have I said that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency,” and yet Satoshi called Bitcoin a cryptocurrency on several occasions.
  • Wright once said that he is an “academic coder” who has no idea about “real world coding” but Satoshi has said, “I’m better with code than with words though.”
  • In 2008, just six months before the anonymous Satoshi Nakamoto appeared, Wright made a public post stating, “Anonymity is the shield of cowards, it is the cover used to defend their lies. My life is open and I have little care for my privacy.”
  • In February 2011, he seemed unaware of Bitcoin at all, as he was thinking about starting a gold-backed payment system.
  • In August 2011, he began to mention Bitcoin in his writings, but he called it “Bit Coin, whereas Satoshi didn’t use a space or capital C in emails or forum posts. There was one instance of “BitCoin” in the early codebase, but Satoshi himself later corrected the capitalization.
  • He actively bought and traded coins on Mt. Gox in 2013 and 2014.
  • He once asked why you would use Xs rather than zeros in a burn address. Satoshi Nakamoto invented the Base58 encoding scheme used for these addresses, which intentionally excludes numbers and letters that look similar, such as zero and the letter O.
  • He once claimed that Bitcoin’s block size was set in the block header (it’s not).
  • He once claimed that Satoshi chose the secp256k1 curve due to bi-linear pairing properties but Satoshi once said that “I didn't find anything to recommend a curve type so I just ... picked one.”
  • In an interview with GQ, Wright claimed, "I haven’t moved [any bitcoins]. I have sent them to Hal Finney and Zooko and that was it. Full stop." But in 2009 Satoshi Nakamoto sent 82.51 BTC to developer Mike Hearn.
  • He has thus far failed to provide simple cryptographic proof that he controls keys belonging to Satoshi after promising to do so.
  • The cryptographic “proof” he did provide has been widely debunked by numerous experts including Patrick McKenzie, Dan Kaminsky and Robert Graham."

Source: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-how-many-wrongs-make-wright
Cache: https://archive.fo/mPDIZ

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile