Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]  (Read 8861 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »
About Faketoshi Craig Wright

"What we know and can prove is that:

• He has a documented history of questionable statements and activities.
  • He has a history of appearing to exaggerate his academic credentials.
  • He has made a multitude of technical errors in his writings that call his understanding of Bitcoin and internet technology into question.
  • His writing style (according to text analysis) and demeanor do not appear to be the same as those of the Satoshi whose writings are archived here.
  • Wright once said: “I am a lawyer and this [financial law] is my area of speciality,” whereas the real Satoshi, when asked about how a financial law applied to Bitcoin, said, “I am not a lawyer and I can’t possibly answer that.”
  • Wright once said: “At no point have I said that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency,” and yet Satoshi called Bitcoin a cryptocurrency on several occasions.
  • Wright once said that he is an “academic coder” who has no idea about “real world coding” but Satoshi has said, “I’m better with code than with words though.”
  • In 2008, just six months before the anonymous Satoshi Nakamoto appeared, Wright made a public post stating, “Anonymity is the shield of cowards, it is the cover used to defend their lies. My life is open and I have little care for my privacy.”
  • In February 2011, he seemed unaware of Bitcoin at all, as he was thinking about starting a gold-backed payment system.
  • In August 2011, he began to mention Bitcoin in his writings, but he called it “Bit Coin, whereas Satoshi didn’t use a space or capital C in emails or forum posts. There was one instance of “BitCoin” in the early codebase, but Satoshi himself later corrected the capitalization.
  • He actively bought and traded coins on Mt. Gox in 2013 and 2014.
  • He once asked why you would use Xs rather than zeros in a burn address. Satoshi Nakamoto invented the Base58 encoding scheme used for these addresses, which intentionally excludes numbers and letters that look similar, such as zero and the letter O.
  • He once claimed that Bitcoin’s block size was set in the block header (it’s not).
  • He once claimed that Satoshi chose the secp256k1 curve due to bi-linear pairing properties but Satoshi once said that “I didn't find anything to recommend a curve type so I just ... picked one.”
  • In an interview with GQ, Wright claimed, "I haven’t moved [any bitcoins]. I have sent them to Hal Finney and Zooko and that was it. Full stop." But in 2009 Satoshi Nakamoto sent 82.51 BTC to developer Mike Hearn.
  • He has thus far failed to provide simple cryptographic proof that he controls keys belonging to Satoshi after promising to do so.
  • The cryptographic “proof” he did provide has been widely debunked by numerous experts including Patrick McKenzie, Dan Kaminsky and Robert Graham."

Source: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-how-many-wrongs-make-wright
Cache: https://archive.fo/mPDIZ

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Re: Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »
Bitmessage Developer: Craig Wright Faked Documents on Bitcoin Creation
AUG 14, 2019 | Ana Alexandre

The developer of peer-to-peer messenger Bitmessage, Jonathan Warren, testified against Australian computer scientist Craig Wright, stating that some of Wright’s documents in a recent trial were faked.

Per a court document released on Aug. 13, Warren testified in the course of an ongoing lawsuit against Wright filed by the estate of David Kleiman, who was a cyber-security expert, whom many believe to have been one of the first developers behind Bitcoin (BTC) and blockchain technology.

Access to Bitmessage

In the U.S. Southern District of Florida court, Warren confirmed his role in the development of Bitmessage, also claiming that neither Wright and Kleinman had access to the messaging software before its launch. Warren’s claim thus points out chronological inconsistencies in some of the documents Wright previously provided to the court.

Specifically, Wright allegedly faked some contracts, email correspondences and Bitmessages, which were purportedly set to move Kleinman’s assets under Wright’s control.

Warren testified that printouts of the above correspondence prior to Nov. 19, 2012, were likely forged. Speaking further about Bitmessages sent between Wright and Kleinman, Warren stated:

“It tells me that something has been faked. Either the date has been faked or the screenshot has been faked. [...] Because Bitmessage wasn't released at that time back in October of 2012.”

Wright’s documentation troubles

In July, Wright allegedly provided fabricated court documents to prove a trust deed with his plaintiffs, according to trial lawyer Stephen Palley. Palley claimed that Wright failed to prove his case by presenting court documents that Palley alleges to be fake, as they contain multiple chronological discrepancies.

Prior to that, Wright said that he could not comply with a court order to provide a list of all his early Bitcoin addresses as he might not be able to access the coins at all. In May, Wright also failed to produce a list of his public Bitcoin addresses in response to an order issued by the court.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitmessage-developer-craig-wright-faked-documents-on-bitcoin-creation

Reference: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.521536/gov.uscourts.flsd.521536.261.1.pdf

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Re: Faketoshi Craig Wright [Certified Dishonest]
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:40:22 PM »
Bitcoin Faketoshi Fails Again? Craig Wright 'Exposed' by Microsoft Office
Greg Thomson | 19/08/2019

On August 18th, Craig Wright uploaded a paper to the SSRN database titled Payments Providers and Intermediaries as Defined in the Law of the Internet. The paper, which has had its submission date removed, is dated from 2007, and it miraculously echoes the very first line of the original Bitcoin whitepaper. Wright’s paper, allegedly from 2007, reads:

“In a similar manner to the web, a purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a payment intermediary.”

That’s good news for Wright, who has been busy trying to convince the world he’s Satoshi Nakamoto for the past four years. Or maybe not - because it took less than 24 hours for Wright’s devious scheme to allegedly be exposed.

Peter McCormack, the podcaster currently being sued for libel by Craig Wright in the UK, unearthed some interesting facts about Wright’s document. After downloading the only archived version of the paper (from August 18th, 2019, no less), a check of its metadata revealed the creation date to be...August 18th, 2019. Or yesterday.

The metadata reveals the paper to have been created using Microsoft Office 365. This version of Office was not released commercially until 2011, yet appears in Wright's paper which he claims is from 2007.

Fake Bitcoin Creator’s Comedy of Errors Continues

This isn’t the first time Craig Wright’s attempts at deception have been undone by elements of the Microsoft Office family. In early July it was revealed that documents Wright had submitted as part of the ongoing Kleiman trial weren’t from the date he claimed.

On that occasion, Wright was undone by a version of the Calibri typeface, which wasn’t created until 2015, yet appears in Wright’s 2012 documentation.

Such tomfoolery ultimately led McCormack to ponder why exactly Wright is suing him.

In April, Wright issued McCormack with a lawsuit due to the podcaster’s refusal to affirm Wright’s status as the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto. Another lawsuit issued by Wright against Bitcoin.com owner, Roger Ver, was dismissed by a UK court for not being relevant to its jurisdiction.

Despite the arrival of a new self-proclaimed Bitcoin creator on the scene, Wright appears to be doing everything to remind us that he is, and always will be, the number one Faketoshi.

Source: https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-craig-wright-exposed-by-microsoft