Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Woodlands Accident Scammer [Certified Dishonest and Nuisance]  (Read 3748 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Woodlands Accident Scammer [Certified Dishonest and Nuisance]
« on: December 31, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Re: Woodlands Accident Scammer [Certified Dishonest and Nuisance]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
Man throws himself at oncoming car along Woodlands Ring Road, police investigating case
Timothy Goh | Dec 31, 2018

SINGAPORE - The police are investigating an incident where a man appeared to throw himself at an oncoming car along Woodlands Ring Road last Thursday afternoon (Dec 27).

The police said on Monday that the incident had been classified as a case of a rash act.

Footage of the incident uploaded on Facebook page Roads.sg, taken from the car's dashboard camera, shows the car travelling along a straight road.

A man can be seen in the distance walking on the road in the direction of the car, though there is a pavement next to him.

As the car approaches, the man suddenly turns and runs towards it, throwing himself against its windscreen.

He then falls down in front of the car. Over the next minute or so, various passers-by come over to check on him.

The caption of the video described the incident as an "accident scam". The person who submitted the video, identified only as Ms Ang, wrote: "I would like to alert other fellow drivers who might meet similar scammers even in Singapore.

"This guy just ran towards my car and threw himself onto my car windscreen. I was scared stiff and stuck in my seat."

She added that the man later stood up and fled the scene when she called the police.

Similar cases have occurred in the past. In 2017, a drunken man was caught on video sprinting towards a stationary car at Pasir Ris Farmway 2, before throwing himself on it.

In 2015, a driver lodged a police report after an elderly man hurled himself on his car along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6. The elderly man allegedly waved at the driver before running towards the car and jumping on the bonnet.

Source: http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-throws-himself-oncoming-car-along-woodlands-ring-road-police-investigating-case

THE STATUTES OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE, PENAL CODE (CHAPTER 224)

Punishment for act which endangers life or the personal safety of others
336. Whoever does any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life or the personal safety of others, shall be punished —
(a) in the case of a rash act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 6 months, or with fine which may extend to $2,500, or with both; or
(b) in the case of a negligent act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 3 months, or with fine which may extend to $1,500, or with both. [51/2007]
[Indian PC 1860, s. 336]

Causing hurt by an act which endangers life or the personal safety of others
337. Whoever causes hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life or the personal safety of others, shall be punished —
(a) in the case of a rash act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to $5,000, or with both; or
(b) in the case of a negligent act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 6 months, or with fine which may extend to $2,500, or with both. [51/2007]
[Indian PC 1860, s. 337]

Causing grievous hurt by an act which endangers life or the personal safety of others
338. Whoever causes grievous hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life or the personal safety of others, shall be punished —
(a) in the case of a rash act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 4 years, or with fine which may extend to $10,000, or with both; or
(b) in the case of a negligent act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine which may extend to $5,000, or with both. [51/2007]
[Indian PC 1860, s. 338]

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:42:25 PM by greentara »