Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Rapist Ong Soon Heng [Disgusting]  (Read 4937 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Rapist Ong Soon Heng [Disgusting]
« on: April 01, 2017, 02:54:41 PM »
Rape confession recorded by victim's father played in court
Vanessa Paige Chelvan | 31 Mar 2017 20:09

SINGAPORE: When his daughter was brought to his doorstep in a daze and dressed in strange clothes, the man knew something was wrong. “I suspected she may (have been) drugged,” the father told the court.

Two days after that incident, he found what had happened was much worse: His daughter had been raped.

The father, who cannot be named to protect the victim's identity, took the stand on Friday (Mar 31), the second day of Ong Soon Heng’s trial for the rape of the girl, then a 22-year-old student. He is accused of abducting her from Zouk on Jul 24, 2014 and raping her while she was intoxicated and unconscious.

The father, the prosecution’s third witness, said he was concerned when he awoke to find his daughter had not returned home that night. Worried, he called her boyfriend.

The boyfriend told him he had been trying to reach her for hours, after she stopped responding to his text messages. Using the Find My iPhone app, he tracked his girlfriend down to Ong’s home in Hume Heights.

The woman was still passed out, but her boyfriend managed to put her in the car and take her home. After seeing her in a stupor, the father told his wife to take her to a hospital, while he went back to Hume Heights with his son and daughter’s boyfriend to confront Ong.

FATHER RECORDED ACCUSED’S CONFESSION

A recording of the trio's exchange with Ong was played in court on Friday. Ong assured him nothing had happened and claimed he helped the victim change into a T-shirt and boxers because she had vomited on her clothing.

A hospital doctor advised the family to lodge a police report upon inspecting the girl.

The victim later slept for "hours and hours, almost a whole day”, the father said. “It made me even more convinced that something was wrong.”

That night, he called his daughter’s boss, a close friend of Ong’s, and was told that Osh (Ong's nickname) is a "playboy" and "has many girlfriends”.

The next day, Ong got in touch with the father and asked to meet. They met at a cafe where the father surreptitiously recorded the conversation. This time, Ong admitted he had sex with the woman 15 years his junior, but claimed it was consensual.

“I call it rape, he called it consensual sex … are you stupid enough to take the word of someone so drunk?” the father said.

In tears, he told the court: “I struggled … I (thought to myself), how do I go back (home) and tell my family?

"Finally, I went home, I gathered my family and I looked straight into my daughter’s eyes and I said 'You have been raped.'
"I cried, (my daughter) cried, her brother broke down.

"Do you know how much hurt you caused all of us?” the father said, addressing Ong.

The months after were a “terrible” ordeal for his daughter. “There were nights … I found her sitting in bed staring into space … there were nights I found her crying.”

He said she had tried counselling, but eventually gave up because she could not bear to recount what had happened to counsellors.

- CNA/vc

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/rape-confession-recorded-by-victim-s-father-played-in-court/3641950.html

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Re: Rapist Ong Soon Heng [Disgusting]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
Man found guilty of abduction, rape
Victim was unconscious and highly unlikely to have consented to sex
Selina Lum, The Straits Times | Jul 05, 2017

A 40-year-old man who drove a drunk woman back to his home from nightspot Zouk and had sex with her while she was unconscious has been found guilty of abduction and rape.

The High Court, which will sentence him next month at the earliest, yesterday rejected Ong Soon Heng's claim that the woman - then a 22-year-old undergraduate working as an intern at his friend's company - was able to consent to sex in the early hours of July 24, 2014.

Judicial Commissioner Aedit Abdullah said that surveillance video from the club clearly showed that the woman was unconscious at about 4am.

This was supported by the woman's co-worker as well as staff at the club.

He also accepted evidence from Institute of Mental Health psychiatrist Guo Song, who used the victim's blood-alcohol level to show that she was unconscious between 4am and 6.30am.

It was during this time that her boyfriend found her in a stupor at Ong's Hume Heights home after tracking her down using an iPhone app.
Singapore

Dr Guo estimated her blood alcohol content was between 210.50mg and 254.50mg per 100ml of blood at the time and she was highly unlikely to have had consensual sex.

The defence had taken issue with Dr Guo's calculation, arguing that he had not taken into account factors such as gender.

But the judicial commissioner said he was satisfied the calculation was proper and justified.

"Given her state as depicted, it beggared belief that the accused could have woken her up soon after leaving the club."
    Judicial Commissioner Aedit Abdullah

He added that the defence psychiatrist's evidence was that the woman was probably unconscious between 4am and 6.30am.

This was strongly supported by the testimony of her boyfriend, father, and a police officer who saw her at 11am that day, he noted.

"Given her state as depicted, it beggared belief that the accused could have woken her up soon after leaving the club," said the judicial commissioner.

As for Ong's claims that he was in a relationship with the woman, the judicial commissioner said even if this was so, "the existence of any such relationship could not overcome the overwhelming evidence of the condition of the complainant, which ruled out consent".

He added that the evidence did not show that there was in fact any intimate relationship between Ong and the woman.

"But I do find the accused had exploited the complainant in a situation of vulnerability by taking the opportunity while she was drunk to move her to his residence and there sexually assaulted her," the judicial commissioner said.

The maximum punishment for rape is 20 years in jail and caning or a fine. The maximum punishment for abduction is seven years in jail and caning and a fine.
rapecourtalcohol

Source: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/man-found-guilty-abduction-rape