Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Peeping Indian Tom [Certified Disgusting]  (Read 3546 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Peeping Indian Tom [Certified Disgusting]
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »

Caught in the act: Woman exposes man who secretly filmed her on NEL train
Andrea Saadan | May 16, 2017

SINGAPORE - A man was caught secretly filming a woman on a North East Line MRT train on Saturday (May 13).

In an ironic twist, the man was exposed by none other than his victim, known as Ms Uma Mageswari.

Ms Uma had shot a video of the man taking a video of her and uploaded the video on her Facebook page on Monday night (May 15).

Her video has since picked up steam and garnered over one million views in less than 24 hours.
on Facebook

His actions were exposed by a reflection on the MRT window.

Netizens lauded Ms Uma for sticking up for herself and exposing the man for his misdeed.

Facebook user Danie Dharma said: "Thank you for standing up and taking action. Women are facing much harassment ... (and) the victims I know so far don't wanna (sic) take action or call the police. Thank you once again."

Another user Harsh Bosamia said: "Hats off Uma, great job done and the best part is your presence of mind."

Her post has been shared over 10,500 times with almost 5,000 likes on Facebook.

Ms Uma had been travelling towards Harbourfront MRT station when she noticed the man sitting directly opposite her. Even though the train wasn't crowded, the man had rushed to that seat across from her, she claimed in her post.

"He then proceeded to whip out his phone and I think the rest speaks for itself once you view the video," Ms Uma wrote.

"I made my own recording of him but understandably lost my temper afterwards when confronting him over his actions."

According to Ms Uma, she received help from MRT staff and the authorities arrived "within minutes".

In a statement, the police said: "At 7.52pm, police received a call for assistance at 81 Telok Blangah Road.

"The police has classified the case as intentionally causing alarm under the Protection from Harassment Act. Investigations are ongoing."

Ms Uma claimed that the man was also "found to be in possession of similar videos" and was told that they were "rather obscene in nature".

The maximum penalty for insulting the modesty of a woman, or attempting to do so, is one year's jail and a fine.

AsiaOne has contacted Ms Uma for more details.

Source: http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/caught-act-woman-exposes-man-who-secretly-filmed-her-nel-train
FB Source: https://www.facebook.com/uma.mageswari.9250/videos/pcb.10155333980022053/10155333978147053

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile