Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: 2016 Dec: Terror threats at shopping areas [Certified Nuisance]  (Read 4909 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
2016 Dec: Terror threats at shopping areas [Certified Nuisance]
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »

Original viral message spread over Singapore mobile devices:

"Rec from a friend ---

Mall in orchard road

MBS, Vivo city and probably RWS in sentosa may be targeted. Better shop in Neighbour hood shops Just received this from my friend (her brother is in the police force) - Pls inform your family members to take caution of the potential terrorist attack on Dec ; if we need to do shopping do it fast and leave the places. Today Minister Josephine Teo mention this in st times. There are intelligence news that lone wolf and some radicalised isis people may attack singapore in Dec
Just a precaution."

The above is a nuisance and the official response from the Singapore Police Force is in the next posting.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:12:04 AM by greentara »

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Re: 2016 Dec: Terror threats at shopping areas [Certified Nuisance]
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:13:39 AM »
From SPF Facebook dated 6 December 2016:

The Police are aware of a text message that has been circulating via Whatsapp. The message warns of potential terrorist attacks in December at popular shopping areas such as Orchard Road and Vivocity. We urge members of the public to refrain from circulating unsubstantiated information as this may cause public alarm.
Members of the public are reminded to stay vigilant and to report suspicious activities/persons/items to the Police. We can all contribute towards SGSecure and help ensure that the safety and security of our friends and loved ones are not compromised. Together we can #StayAlert, #StayUnited, #StayStrong
Source: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsingaporepoliceforce%2Fposts%2F10155612563824408&width=500