Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Kuang Liang Yong [Disgusting]  (Read 3491 times)

Offline greentara

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • My detailed profile
Kuang Liang Yong [Disgusting]
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »
Ex-teacher jailed 22 months for getting teen girl to send him explicit photos and videos
Fri, Oct 07 2016 | Vanessa Paige Chelvan

SINGAPORE: A teacher who preyed on two teenage girls – tricking one of them into sending him nude photos, and stalking the other – was sentenced to 22 months’ jail on Friday (Oct 7).

Kuang Liang Yong, 47, tricked the first victim, a 13-year-old girl, into sending him 57 explicit photos and videos over nine months, although Kuang kept in touch with her for almost two years.

He met the girl at an arcade in early 2012 through his two children, as they had been playing similar games. Kuang said he took a liking to the “adorable” girl straightaway. When he overheard her telling arcade employees that she had lost her phone, Kuang offered to lend her his mobile.

He saved her number and later contacted her using a fictitious identity – “Sean Romeo”, but did not tell her his age or that they had met at the arcade.

From February 2012 to December 2013, Kuang “engaged in a sustained campaign of emotional manipulation and deception”, preying on the girl’s sympathies to bully her into sending him nude photos and videos of her touching herself, the court heard.

In August 2012, Kuang lied that he had met with a serious accident and asked the victim to send him nude photos to help him feel better. “Only the girl who genuinely loves me and is loved by me can help me … by showing me her sexy or nude pictures of herself,” he wrote in a text message.

Feeling sorry for “Sean Romeo”, she sent him three nude photos on Sep 12, 2012. “I love u (sic) … u really sacrifice for me,” was Kuang’s reply. On Oct 8, she sent him another six photos and three explicit videos at his behest, to “help him recover faster” from the accident.

Worried about “Sean Romeo”, the girl tried to visit him but was told by a neighbour that no such person existed. Kuang’s elusiveness “caused her much distress and heartbreak” and the girl threatened to self-harm, Deputy Public Prosecutor Amanda Chong said.

In June 2013, frustrated that they had yet to meet despite conversing for over a year, the girl threatened to cut off contact with “Sean Romeo”. Kuang threatened to kill himself, and the girl sent another photo and video of herself to pacify him.

In December 2013, when the girl refused to give “Sean Romeo” the phone numbers of her female friends, Kuang stopped contacting her. She continued to reach out to Kuang sporadically until as late as August 2015, telling him she missed him and hoped to speak to him again.

TEACHER PREYED ON HIS DAUGHTER’S SCHOOLMATE

Meanwhile, Kuang had moved on to his next victim, a Primary 6 student, and, coincidentally, his daughter’s schoolmate.

He met the victim online in August 2015, when she responded to a question he posted on a forum. Kuang went through the 12-year-old’s social media profiles and found out she attended the same school as his daughter. He kept tabs on the girl and watched her from afar whenever he dropped his daughter off at school, and continually harassed the girl if she did not reply to his messages.

All the while, the girl thought she was talking to a shy boy and fellow Primary 6 student.

On one occasion, Kuang told the girl he was “on the verge of breaking down” when she ignored his messages, and experienced "a feeling worse than death itself”. He made several unwanted advances, even though the girl told him it made her feel uncomfortable. “I love u … do u know that almost every recess and after school, I would rush to try n see u play frisbie (sic)?”, Kuang said in a text message dated Sep 5, 2015.

He also kept the girl under surveillance, on multiple occasions sending her messages to keep tabs on her whereabouts. “R u still going for your learning lab tuition n if yes what time will u be there (sic)?”, a message, sent on Aug 28, 2015, read.

The girl’s father made a police report on Sep 6, after he realised a stranger had professed his love to his daughter, knew her exact whereabouts and sent her long text messages at all hours of the day.

"PREDATORY AND PREMEDITATED"

Kuang’s offences came to light on Sep 16, when police officers visited his flat. Kuang, who refused to hand over his phone, and became hostile and aggressive towards officers, was fined S$500 on Friday for disorderly conduct towards the police.

Eventually, officers found evidence of Kuang’s offences against both girls, including photos and videos from the first victim Kuang had kept, two to three years after their relationship ended.

Prosecutor Amanda Chong urged the court to impose at least 20 months’ jail, citing the large age gap between Kuang and the victims – 30 years – and the fact that his offences were “predatory and premeditated”.

Kuang had created fictitious identities to fool the victims, DPP Chong noted. “There is a need for general deterrence to prevent people from preying on minors under the cloak of the Internet,” she told the court.

DPP Chong also pointed out Kuang had kept the first victim’s photos and videos three years on, and if not for the second victim’s father’s police report, his offences would have gone unnoticed.

Kuang pleaded guilty to five charges – three for procuring an indecent act from a child, one for harassing the second victim and one for disorderly conduct. Another 10 charges for procuring an indecent act from a child were taken into consideration during sentencing.

For procuring an indecent act from a child, Kuang could have been jailed for up to five years and fined up to S$10,000 per charge.

For stalking the second victim, Kuang could have been jailed for 12 months and fined up to S$5,000.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ex-teacher-jailed-22-months-for-getting-teen-girl-to-send-him/3187770.html